So you booked a radio campaign and now it’s time to create a commercial.
Following is the top ten tips for a good radio commercial . . .
1. Make sure that your commercial promotes the benefits to consumers as opposed to the features of your product
2. The first seven seconds is critical to capture the attention of the listener. Start by asking a question to the listener that will compel them to continue listening. Or make a statement that solves are problem that they are experiencing
3. Provide information that will help the listener, in other words, straight answers to real questions
4. Ask the listener to do something, for example, call this number today for our free information kit or visit our website for more information
5. Make the point of contact with your funeral home or cemetery as seamless as possible, in other words, easy to remember numbers or website addresses
6. Avoid making the commercial sound like a funeral or cemetery commercial by not using cliches or somber music in the background
7. Consider 60 second commercials as you are telling a story
8. Make certain that there is a definitive call to action at the end of the commercial which includes your company name, slogan and the simplest way to contact you
9. Use a believable and trustworthy voice instead of a radio stations’s house announcer
10. Do the commercial yourself as your understanding and passion for your business will come across in a more compelling fashion than anyone else
For more information on radio advertising for the funeral and cemetery profession, contact tim@ storefrontmedia.ca